Belladrum 2024: Your guide to the Tartan Heart Festival as Deacon Blue among first acts confirmed
The first wave of acts for Belladrum 2024 have been announced, including Bill Bailey and the Sugababes.
The first round of acts have been announced for Belladrum 2024, joining the Tartan Heart Festival as it gets ready to celebrate its 20th anniversary.
The family-friendly festival has been on the go since 2004 – despite some Covid interruptions – and is nestled away in the beautiful Highlands. Known for its eclectic line-up and entertainment, the line up for next year's event includes headline acts such as Deacon Blue and the Sugababes.
For those heading to Belladrum, or considering getting tickets, here is everything you need to know about the 2024 Tartan Heart Festival.
When is Belladrum 2024?
The 2024 Tartan Heart Festival will run from Thursday July 25 until Saturday July 27.
Belladrum 2024 line up
The first acts for Belladrum 2024 have been announced, with Deacon Blue and the Sugababes headlining.
They will be joined by the likes of Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Callum Beattie, Teenage Fanclub and others such as Bill Bailey, who is set to become the first comedian to perform on the main stage.
Here are all the acts confirmed to perform at Belladrum 2024 so far:
- Deacon Blue
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- Callum Beattie
- Teenage Fanclub
- Lucy Spraggan
- Bill Bailey
- Colonel Mustard & the Dijon Five
- The Vaselines
- Ben Ottewell (of Gomez)
- Croft No. 5
- Roseanne Reid
- NoGood Boyo
- The Laurettes
- Rosie H Sullivan
- Joe Goodall
- Fiddle Forte
- Feis Rois Ceilidh Trail
- Love featuring Johnny Echols
- Brutus Gold’s Love Train
- The Counterfeit Beatles
Expect more acts to be announced over the coming months, with organisers promising a spectacular event to celebrate its 20th anniversary. Previous acts to perform at Belladrum include Travis, Sigrid, Sam Ryder, Bastille, Kiefer Sutherland, Peat & Diesel and more.
Belladrum 2024 tickets
Tickets for Belladrum 2024 are currently on sale - with many already sold out. Weekend, day, child, Club Clan Bella and caravan/campervan tickets are on offer alongside the return of the festival's payment plan, so attendees can split the cost of weekend tickets over 10 months.
- Weekend Tickets with camping included - £198.00 (including fees)
- Weekend Child with camping included (Ages 0 - 12) - £13.20 (including fees)
- Friday & Saturday Ticket with camping included - £151.80 (including fees)
- Saturday Ticket with camping included - £108.90 (including fees)
Organisers recommend that those interested in attending sign up by email to receive the latest updates and news on the event.
Where is Belladrum?
Each year music fans flock to Belladrum Estate, Kiltarlity just 5 miles away from Beauly and 10 miles north of Loch Ness.
If you’re driving you can pop in the estate’s postcode – IV4 7BA – or visit the website for more directions.
What is the 2024 theme?
Every year, Belladrum festival switches up its theme and for 2024 organisers have decided upon love, with performances from psychedelic rock band Love featuring Johnny Echols.
Eventgoers can also take part in the Fancy Dress Parade to win prizes, such as tickets for future festivals.
What will the weather be like at Belladrum?
It's too soon to tell what the weather at Belladrum will be like during the 2024 festival. However, it is in Scotland – so be sure to pack your midge cream and be prepared for all weather possibilities.
Belladrum opening times
During the 2023 event, the Belladrum campsites were open from 8am until 10pm on Thursday and Friday. The main festival arena opened around noon on Thursday, leaving early birds plenty of time to set up before exploring.
When will the music start?
At Belladrum 2023, music kicked off from around 3.30pm on Thursday at certain stages, while on Friday and Saturday events began as early as 10.30am.
If you’re attending Belladrum, there are several campsites available. Here is a general guide to each:
- General Camping: For everyone, but this campsite will likely have your younger crowd staying here. (Red Gate Entry)
- Family Camping: Suitable for all ages, this is the campsite which will best suit families who are attending. (Green Gate Entry)
- Quiet Camping: There’s also the quiet campsite for those who don’t want to be near the main hubbub – it’s also a little further away from the main festival arena. (Green Gate Entry)
- Clean Fields: Introduced in 2017, if you’re staying in this campsite you must keep the area clean, leaving no tents or rubbish behind. (Green Gate Entry)
- Glamping: The luxury camping experience, Belladrum offers multiple glamping packages – from just your tent to the full package with beds, bedding and extras included.
- Caravans & Campervans: There’s also a dedicated area for caravans and campervans, but be sure to check out the festival’s guide before you book as there are a few more details you’ll need to be aware of.
For 2024, festival organisers have re-introduced car park passes which must be booked in advance. Attendees must select the car park more convenient for them, with a window sticker to be sent to your home address in advance.
Car park passes will cost £12 per vehicle with profits to benefit local communities.
Yes, you can get married at Belladrum
Now, for the uninitiated, you can get married at Belladrum – if you fancy around 20,000 wedding guests.
Every year happy couples pledge themselves to one another in the Belladrum Temple, with 2024 no exception.
And if you’re organised enough and on a stag or hen do (or even just a birthday party) the organisers will make sure you get a shout out in the programme.
Want to join the conversation? Please or to comment on this article.