It comes as Storm Arwen batters the coast with high winds reaching speeds of up to 90mph.
There is also a yellow weather warning in place for wind and snow across the east coast of Scotland.
What a red warning from the Met Office means
- A risk of danger to life from flying debris
- Damage to buildings and homes, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railways lines could be closed
- Delays and cancellations on bus, train ferry services, and flights
- Power cuts which could affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Large waves and debris causing destruction to seaside properties and roads