Storm Arwen: Red weather warning in Scotland as extreme winds forecast for Edinburgh, Fife and east Scotland
A “danger to life” red weather warning has been released as Storm Arwen hits Scotland.
It comes as Storm Arwen batters the coast with high winds reaching speeds of up to 90mph.
There is also a yellow weather warning in place for wind and snow across the east coast of Scotland.
What a red warning from the Met Office means
- A risk of danger to life from flying debris
- Damage to buildings and homes, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railways lines could be closed
- Delays and cancellations on bus, train ferry services, and flights
- Power cuts which could affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Large waves and debris causing destruction to seaside properties and roads
Want to join the conversation? Please or to comment on this article.