Scotland make five changes for Argentina second Test in Salta
Gregor Townsend’s side lost the first match of the three-Test tour 26-18 in Jujuy last weekend. The sides meet again in Salta on Saturday and the Scotland coach has freshened up his team, most notably in the pack.
Hamish Watson, who missed the first Test with injury, returns at openside flanker to win his 50th cap, with Luke Crosbie dropping out of the squad. He is joined in the back row by Rory Darge who will wear the No 6 jersey but is more accustomed to playing openside. Watson and Darge played together in the final Six Nations match, against Ireland in Dublin.
Darge’s inclusion comes at the expense of Magnus Bradbury.
Dave Cherry replaces George Turner at hooker, with Turner dropping to the bench. The fourth change in the pack comes in the second row where Sam Skinner is preferred to Jonny Gray who is not in the squad.
There is only one change in the backs, with Ben White named at scrum-half in place of the benched Ali Price. There is a vote of confidence for Blair Kinghorn who continues at stand-off.
The uncapped London Irish winger Kyle Rowe is among the replacements and looks set to make his international debut.
Saturday’s match takes place at Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena in the north-western city of Salta. The final Test is scheduled for the following Saturday in Santiago del Estero.
Scotland (v Argentina, Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena, Salta, Saturday, 8.10pm BST)
15. Rory Hutchinson - Northampton Saints - 6 caps
14. Darcy Graham - Edinburgh Rugby - 28 caps
13. Mark Bennett - Edinburgh Rugby - 25 caps
12. Sam Johnson - Glasgow Warriors - 25 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe - Worcester Warriors - 17 caps
10. Blair Kinghorn - Edinburgh Rugby - 32 caps
9. Ben White - London Irish - 5 caps
1. Pierre Schoeman - Edinburgh Rugby - 10 caps
2. Dave Cherry - Edinburgh Rugby - 5 caps
3. Zander Fagerson - Glasgow Warriors - 48 caps
4. Sam Skinner - Edinburgh Rugby - 21 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist - Edinburgh Rugby - (captain) - 54 caps
6. Rory Darge - Glasgow Warriors - 5 caps
7. Hamish Watson - Edinburgh Rugby (vice-captain) - 49 caps
8. Matt Fagerson - Glasgow Warriors - 22 caps
16. George Turner - Glasgow Warriors - 26 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti - Glasgow Warriors - 22 caps
18. Javan Sebastian - Scarlets - 2 caps
19. Scott Cummings - Glasgow Warriors - 21 caps
20. Andy Christie - Saracens - 1 cap
21. Ali Price - Glasgow Warriors - 52 caps
22. Ross Thompson - Glasgow Warriors - 1 cap
23. Kyle Rowe - London Irish - uncapped
Want to join the conversation? Please or to comment on this article.