In her latest briefing to the Scottish Parliament, the First Minister said up to four adults from two households will be able to meet outside from Friday.
In addition, she also said non-contact outdoor sports for adults in groups of up to 15 can restart from the same date.
Throughout the pandemic, golf has been governed by the rules for households and play has been restricted to a maximum of two-balls since late December.
Hopes have now been raised that three and four-balls made up of members from two households will be permitted, but a decision about that has not yet been signed off by the Scottish Government.
A statement from Scottish Golf said: “Following the First Minister’s update in Parliament on Tuesday 9 March, Scottish Golf welcomes the announcement that we are making progress through the route map out of lockdown.
“Scottish Golf is currently working through final details with our partners in the Scottish Government and at sportscotland and will share more detail on the impact of today’s announcement for golf as soon as possible.
“We thank all clubs, and their members, for their continued patience and understanding.”
Courses in Scotland have remained open since late May last year, unlike in England Ireland and Wales, where they have been closed on and off.
In England, they are not scheduled to reopen earlier than 29 March.