Rumours of Hughes sacking unfounded

Mark Hughes last night remained in charge of Queens Park Rangers despite speculation he had been sacked.

Rumours started circulating on Twitter that Hughes’ ten-month reign at Loftus Road had come to an end after the club’s terrible start to the season, but Kia Joorabchian, who represents Hughes, told the BBC that claims the 45-year-old had been removed from his position were “not true at all”.

Sign up to our Football newsletter

Sign up to our Football newsletter

QPR also said Hughes remains in charge. The former Manchester United and Bayern Munich striker is expected to take charge of training today.

Winless QPR are rock bottom of the Premier League after Saturday’s loss to Southampton.