Friendlies: Ex-Hibee Griffiths scores for Wolves

FORMER Hearts player Ismael Bouzid played from the start for East Fife and Hibs’ top goalscorer from last season, Leigh Griffiths, came on at half time for Wolves and hit home a goal as the English side won 3-2 at Bayview.

Leigh Griffiths scored for Wolves in their 3-2 win over East Fife. Picture: Ian Georgeson

Bjorn Sigardson gave the Molineux side the lead on 31 minutes when he converted from close-range after Fife shot-stopper Michael Andrews had blocked a header.

Matt Doherty rattled a home post before parity was restored ahead of half time when Joe Jackson netted from the spot after he had been tripped.

Sign up to our Football newsletter

Sign up to our Football newsletter

Griffiths was one of 11 changes made at the break by Wolves and he was quickly on the score-sheet when he tapped home a cross from Liam McAlinden.

A Griffiths corner lead to goal number three when Danny Baath headed on for Tongo Doumbia to net on 64 minutes with East Fife pulling a goal back when Kevin Nade rattled a shot home 14 minutes later.

Another former Easter Road player was also on target last night as St Johnstone defeated Cowdenbeath 1-0 at Central Park. Recent signing for the Perth side David Wotherspoon scored the game’s only goal when he cracked in a free kick after just two minutes. Rotherham took the lead early at Livingston when Mark Bradley converted a Michael Tidser free-kick and Mitchell Rose shot home from 18 yards with 14 minutes left to see the game won 2-0 by the Millers.

Raith Rovers were defeated 2-1 by Sheffield United at Stark’s Park with the home side’s strike from Greig Spence in 13 minutes overtaken by half-time with goals from Sheffield’s Scottish players Kevin McDonald and Jamie Murphy.

Dean Smalley gave Oxford the lead at Alloa after just five minutes. However, Paul Hartley’s men struck right at the death through Eddie Fearns to grab a 1-1 draw.

Falkirk easily saw off their hosts Huntly 6-2 with the game over as a contest in the opening exchanges. Botti Bia-Bi and Stephen Kingsley scored in the first three minutes with Blair Alston and Lyle Taylor – who scored twice – making it five before half an hour was played.

Paul McCarthy pulled a goal back before half-time with Bia-Bi making it six before Marek Madel grabbed another Huntly goal.