Crews were in attendance overnight and continue to tackle “hot spots” at the site.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Around 800 square metres of gorse was ablaze on the Salisbury Crags, with flames visible across the city on Tuesday night and into the early hours of Wednesday.
- Two fire engines initially went to the scene after the alarm was raised at around 6.30pm on Tuesday, before later being joined by another two along with an all-terrain vehicle from Dunblane.
- Dozens of bystanders went to watch the scenes unfold through Tuesday evening, with many taking to social media to share images of the fire.
- Police said Queen’s Drive was closed between Dynamic Earth and the Commonwealth Pool while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- The SFRS also said they had received 197 calls about the fire by 8.30pm.
- There were no reports of any injuries.