Travellers are being urged to stop using the Travelon Universal Adaptor after it was found to give users electric shocks.
The Travelon Universal Adaptor does not comply with the relevant national standard, according to Trading Standards, after it was found live pins in the adaptor could be accessible to users and lead to an electric shock.
Travelon Universal Adaptor model number 025732 044757 is sold by leading retailers such as Amazon, Ebay, TK Maxx and QVC.
Trading Standards UK said: “If you have an affected product stop using it immediately.”
“Electrical Safety First strongly recommends that anyone who discovers they have an electrical item that has been recalled should stop using it until it has been checked by the manufacturer.”