Water on chip pan fire starts blaze at flats

A MAN who threw water over a chip pan fire has been taken to hospital suffering smoke 

The actions of the casualty, believed to be in his 40s, are understood to have sparked a blaze at flats in Dunsyre House South at around 10.10pm last night.

The fire broke out in the tenth floor of the block and also affected two neighbours aged 18 and 20, who did not require hospital treatment.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Fire crews from Tollcross and Sighthill extinguished the blaze using breathing kits and later vented the property.

Meanwhile, a man has been taken to hospital suffering burns after a fire at his home.

The 70-year-old was led to safety by fire crews after the blaze broke out at the ground-floor flat on Lochend Road South at 9.10pm last night.

He was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.