Rescue after pan of food goes on fire

A MAN was rescued from a flat in Linlithgow after a fire broke out in a pan of food.

He was given oxygen at the scene by firefighters and checked over by paramedics, but refused to go to hospital.

The fire took place in the property on the High Street at around 8.30pm last night.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

One fire appliance from Linlithgow and another from Central Scotland Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene.

The man was suffering from smoke inhalation.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said: "A pan of food was alight, which was extinguished by removal. One male casualty who was rescued by firefighters was given oxygen and checked by the ambulance crew, but refused to go to hospital."

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Ambulance Service added: "We received a call at 8.53pm from the fire brigade. No treatment was required."

Related topics: