Pensioner treated for burns after microwave catches fire

A pensioner has been treated for burns to her hand after a microwave fire at her home.

Firefighters were called to the house in Glaskhill Terrace in Penicuik last night.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said a 74-year-old woman was treated at the scene for burns to her left hand.

She said: “Two crews from Penicuik and Midlothian attended the fire which was in a microwave. It was extinguished on arrival and an elderly woman was treated at the scene for burns.”