Gym worker hit by fumes

A GYM worker was taken to hospital after a gas leak at a health centre swimming pool.

The 23-year-old was working at the David Lloyd sports centre on Aberdeen's Garthdee Road after chemicals were spilled.

Emergency services were called out to scene just after 3pm on Sunday. The man was reported to have inhaled fumes after chlorine was accidentally spilled in the riverside building.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

He was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary to be treated for "minor chest discomfort" and later released.

Grampian Fire & Rescue said a large number of members of the public and staff were evacuated.