Burned boy’s mother thanks doctors
Preston Flores, 7, was found “on fire” by neighbours in Bedford Avenue, Aberdeen, on Friday at about 2pm. It is thought petrol could have been involved.
He was taken to hospital in Aberdeen before being transferred to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh in a critical condition.
His mother Luisza said: “We are very grateful for everything that has been done to help Preston and his family at this extremely difficult time. On behalf of us all I want to thank the medical staff and the emergency services for all they are doing to help us.
“We are also very appreciative of the support of our friends and the local Bedford community as well as the wider public. We thank everyone for their help in our time of need and would kindly request that we are now allowed our privacy to deal with this as a family ourselves.”
Police said there had been “no evidence of any deliberate act”.