Blaze 'started by fuse box'

A FIRE which ripped through two restaurants in the New Town on Friday night is believed to have been started by a faulty fuse box.

Investigations are still ongoing into the exact cause of the blaze, which saw diners evacuated from the Bakehouse and Khushi's at around 8pm.

More than 40 firelighters and 11 appliances were called out. Preliminary investigations have pointed to a faulty fuse box being the cause.

Both restaurants were said to be extensively damaged, however, Keith Shaw, managing director of the Bakehouse Co, said they hoped to be open again in weeks.

Related topics: