• Gary Ritchie snapped this picture of a wind turbine in full flow as he visited Lochgoin with his family. The image is noticeable for the contrast between the vibrant colour of the fields and the murky dark blue clouds ominously appearing on the horizon.
• The image of the Tigh Mor Hotel in Trossachs was taken from across the brilliant blue water of Loch Achray by Alan Pottinger from Edinburgh.
• Beautiful shot of a pink Gleneagles sky as dawn breaks (above), which is amplified by the colour bouncing off the reflection in the water. Taken by Des Quinn.
• Doug Edgar managed to snap this close up shot of a Ptarmigan in its early winter plumage. Ptarmigans are members of the grouse family. This particular bird resides in Ullapool.
• Ian McCracken’s one second exposure shot captures the whirling movement of traffic and pedestrians on Edinburgh’s Princes Street at 6pm on an early winter’s evening.
SCOTSMAN TABLET AND IPHONE APPS