Exclusive properties for sale on renovated Midlothian country estate with golf course and tennis courts

Supplied
Whitehill House, near the village of Rosewell, is being sensitively restored and the first phase is complete with homes ready to buy now

The sensitive restoration and redevelopment of the former stable block at Whitehill Country Estate in Midlothian has created a wonderful place to live.

Eight unique one-and two-bedroom properties have their own individual charm. They are attached to the main house, and accessed via an impressive stone entrance at the end of a private drive.

Supplied

The main house and estate is all being restored to its former glory and has already seen a top rate golf course and tennis courts created – which residents have access to.

Now The Stables are complete and ready to move in to – just 30 minutes from the centre and close to local rail links.

Developer Grant Butchart said: “This historic estate is one of Scotland’s best kept secrets. We are excited that the first phase of redevelopment and restoration is now complete and people can move in.

“There are already new builds in place around our superb golf course and tennis courts so the sense of community is growing fast.”

Supplied

Ready to move in – The Stables

Behind the stone entrance to The Stables is a courtyard with a eucalyptus tree taking centre stage. Seating makes it a space to relax and socialise

The transformation of the stables into private homes mixes traditionally stone buildings with contemporary design such as sliding wardrobes and expansive under stair cupboards.

Most properties feature en-suites off principal bedrooms and, where possible, separate utility rooms have been created to allow the everyday tasks to remain hidden.

These wonderful homes are therefore ideal for those seeking a slice of exclusive country living, either as a main home or second residence.

Grant Butchart

A proud history

Whitehill House is a large Grade A Listed Tudor-Jacobean revival house of prodigious authority built by architects William Burn and David Bryce for prominent mine owner Wardlaw Ramsay in 1844.

Supplied

During the 1914-18 war it become a military hospital run by the Red Cross.  It then fell into disrepair until rescued by the nuns of St. Vincent de Paul in 1924 who turned it into a hospital for the mentally and physically handicapped until they moved out in 1999.  They added many extensions out of keeping with the original house, many of which have now been demolished to return the building to its original glory.

It is now being renovated, restored and developed into a selection of fine properties, creating a new diverse community a short distance from the heart of Edinburgh

To find out more about Whitehill House and properties on offer go to the website.

Related topics: