Man fell ill, ‘lost two stones’ after ecstasy pill
POLICE have issued yet another drugs warning after a man fell seriously ill from a new type of ecstasy tablet.
The 34-year-old was rushed to Forth Valley Royal Hospital, where he was admitted for seven days and lost around two stones in weight, after taking the pill.
He had been out with friends in Falkirk town centre on Saturday March 29, when he took the brown speckled tablet with a Mitsubishi symbol embossed on it, which he believed was ecstasy.
Police, who only recently became aware of the incident, are investigating the circumstances surrounding it and are warning the public to be aware of the dangers of taking drugs, which could contain a number of unknown substances.
Falkirk Inspector Paul Rollo said today: “This man was hospitalised for seven days after taking this ecstasy tablet.
“The public should be aware of the dangers of taking a controlled substance and especially be careful of any tablets that match the description.
“We have been conducting pro-active operations in Falkirk over the last couple of months and on the back of this incident there will be patrols this weekend.”
On Saturday, Police Scotland issued a warning about yellow Bitcoin tablets after a 21-year-old man was fighting for his life in Hairmyres Hospital, East Kilbride.
The young man, who was found in an “agitated state” at a flat in Hamilton, was thought to have taken three of the ecstasy pills which have the digital currency’s logo stamped on them, and was in intensive care for two days.
In February, 17-year-old Clydebank schoolgirl Regane McColl died after swallowing a red Mortal Kombat tablet at the Arches nightclub in Glasgow.
She collapsed at the city centre club and died in hospital a short while later.