Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that Scotland will enter phase two of lockdown easing.
Announcing the changes in a statement at the Scottish Parliament, the First Minister said there has been "clear and sustained" progress in tackling the virus.
"Though we are moving to phase two today, we are still being cautious and we are not going to do everything at once," she said.
"We will take a staged approach to avoid bearing all of the risk at the same time."
People in Scotland will now be able to form ‘extended households’ and shielded people will now be able to go outside for exercise.
Shops with outdoor entrances will be allowed to open, although the hospitality sector will remain closed.
Coronavirus in Scotland LIVE: Latest updates on COVID-19 in Scotland
Last updated: Friday, 19 June, 2020, 14:03
- Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that Scotland will enter phase two of lockdown
- People living alone are now able to form an “extended household” with others
- The opening of hospitality businesses has been delayed
FM: "These are the things we need you to do... F - face coverings, A- Avoid crowds, C- Clean hands and services, T- Two metre social distancing, S- Self isolate when showing symptoms.
Jason Leitch: "It's up to all of us to do the right thing"
Jason Leitch: Eight and a half million people has been infected with this virus, which is why easing lockdown must be slow.
FM: "I am more optimistic than I've been in a long time"
FM: "I am very aware that this next phase in some ways...might be even harder because we see the virus receding...but the thing is we can't afford to be complacent"
FM hopes that "extended household" rule can be extended in the future
FM on shielded people: From today, shielded people can go outdoors for exercise, and non contact outdoor activities and meet people from one other household as long as 2 metre distance is maintained.
Scottish Government update: 18,104 positive cases, 904 patients in hospital, 19 patients in intensive care and sadly six more people have died, bringing Scotland's death toll to 2,470
London marathon organisers refuse to give up hope of October race as Edinburgh marathon cancelled
London Marathon organisers say they have not given up hope of staging the event on October 4.
Earlier this week the 2020 Great North Run was cancelled because it was deemed impossible to hold the race while social distancing measures designed to limit the spread of coronavirus remain in place.
The London event, which was postponed from April to October, had been expected to follow suit, with Great North Run founder Brendan Foster telling the PA news agency it would be "extremely difficult" for any mass participation races to go ahead this year.
However, event director Hugh Brasher says his team is still looking at "innovative ways to socially distance the event".
Brasher added: "We still don't know whether we will be able run together, walk together and be together on that journey of 26.2 miles on October 4.
"Almost every day we hear hopeful news from other countries and we hear tales of despair.
"However, what we do know is that we have hope, desire and ingenuity. Hope that the world will have found a way through Covid-19 by October.