Finance director Amanda Andrews also purchased 15,000 shares at the same price to up her holding to 18,000 shares.
• Jonson Cox, chairman of COALFIELD RESOURCES, has bought 300,000 shares at 6.6p each. He now owns 496,945 shares in the company which last week reported a first-half loss of £1.7 million due mainly to write-offs of mining debts and restructuring fees.
• Gwyn Burr, a non-executive director at retail property group HAMMERSON, purchased 5,000 shares at a price of 501p each. It was his first purchase of shares in the company.
• Charlotta Ginman, a non-executive director at Edinburgh-based technology group WOLFSON MICRO, bought 7,024 shares at 163p. Ginman, who has held a number of senior executive roles in the telecommunications and investment banking sectors, joined the chip maker’s board in June.
• Jane Lodge, a non-executive director at Scottish sausage manufacturer DEVRO, has bought 15,500 shares at 322.6p.
• LATCHWAYS sales director Alastair Hogg sold 63,667 shares at 1,320p each after exercising options in the company which specialises in equipment to protect staff working at height. Last week, the company said it was benefitting from increased demand from the wind energy sector.
• Andrew Reynolds Smith, a divisional head at engineering firm GKN, sold 626,973 shares after exercising options. He now holds just over 691,000 shares in the company.
• EXPERIAN chief executive Don Robert reduced his stake in the credit checking firm with the sale of 100,000 shares. The shares were sold at 1,218p.