Bellshill-based audio specialist tunes into increased demand for products

An audio engineering business that designs and manufactures mid to high-end audio equipment is cheering worldwide growth.

The Bellshill-based firm has seen a surge in demand, particularly in Asian markets. Picture: contributed.

Bellshill-based Fyne Audio, which specialises in Hi-Fi and home theatre speakers, has seen a crescendo of demand for its products, particularly in certain overseas markets.

The company was experiencing growth before Covid restrictions were enforced and “feared the worst initially when lockdown hit”. But it said it has been buoyed by its brand strength, and found that with the pandemic and subsequent lockdowns across the world, customers are investing more in quality home audio equipment, leading to a 10 per cent increase in sales when compared to 2019.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

MD Anji Sosa said: “As we were all urged to stay home for the majority of 2020, we saw lots of people spending money on home improvements, including investing in quality audio equipment. We also noticed that many customers were turning to music as a means of relaxation during lockdown and wanted to upgrade their existing sound systems.

The firm was established in 2017 and is based in Grovewood Business Centre. Picture: contributed.

Read More

Read More
Fyne Audio pumping up the volume in hi-fi world

“Over the last six months, since the initial crisis subsided, we’ve experienced an exceptionally high demand for our products, particularly in Asian markets, which allowed us to surpass our revised targets for the year. We’ve seen that the market in this part of the world has managed to recover quicker than in other countries, and our sales reflect this.”

Fyne Audio, which was established in 2017, is based in Grovewood Business Centre, operated by UKSE. Around 60 per cent of its products are manufactured in the UK and distributed to more than 60 countries, with the remaining 40 per cent being made in Asia.

Terry Quinn, regional executive at Tata Steel division UKSE – which helps businesses and communities that have been affected by changes in the steel industry – said: “It is fantastic to see Fyne Audio going from strength to strength in the last 12 months.

“Fyne Audio is a great example of how businesses have learned to adapt over the last year in the face of what has been an increasingly tough challenge. We’re very impressed with what the business has achieved whilst at our Grovewood space.”

Grovewood Business Centre recently underwent a major refurbishment and offers a range of office and workshop accommodation to small and medium-sized businesses.

A message from the Editor:

Thank you for reading this article. We're more reliant on your support than ever as the shift in consumer habits brought about by coronavirus impacts our advertisers.

If you haven't already, please consider supporting our trusted, fact-checked journalism by taking out a digital subscription.

 0 comments

Want to join the conversation? Please or to comment on this article.