To enter, log on to The Scotsman app on your tablet device and select the competition article in the top carousel.
The Isle of Jura, off the West coast of Scotland, is home to an award winning range of single malt whiskies, which hold the promise of good fortune. Populated by a community known as Diurachs (the Gaelic name for the people of Jura), it is a place of myth, legend and intrigue.
The luxurious Jura Lodge offers an eccentric display of colour, décor and stylistic touches. Designed by French designer Bambi Sloan, the lodge’s bedrooms, sea-facing lounge and open-plan kitchen/living room are filled with deer motif crockery, deer-shaped hooks and chairs that are fashioned from antlers. Hypnotic views and the warmest of island welcomes await the lucky winner. The lodge is available for private rental at the cost of £2,500 per night, for a minimum of 3 nights.
To savour a taste of island life online, sign up at www.isleofjura.com and gain access to more competitions and offers
Scotsman Terms & Conditions
1. The competition opens for entries on February 7. The closing date for entries is February 14.
2. The prize is a luxury break of 3 nights, for 2 people at the Jura Lodge on the Isle of Jura,
including a 3 course dinner (excluding drinks) on one night at the Jura Hotel and a tour of the
Distillery (distillery tour available on a weekday only). The prize does not include any other
food, travel or living expenses.
3. Prize must be claimed at a time to be agreed between Whyte and Mackay Limited, the
winner and the operator of the Jura Lodge.
4. There is no guarantee of exclusive use of the lodge.
5. Travel to Jura, from any UK airport is included in the prize. Winners will be required to make
their own way to and from their local airport.
6. The competition is open to all Great Britain residents aged 18 or over. The prize draw
excludes employees and immediate families of the promoter anyone professionally
connected with the promotion.
7. Entrants and their nominated guest must be over 18 years old
8. Entries are limited to one per person per email address and no multiple entries will be
9. To enter the competition customers will need to answer the question above via the designated email address. The winner will be
drawn at random and notified by The Scotsman within 14 days of closing date.
10. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
11. No alternative prizes are available.
12. Whyte and Mackay Limited does however reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of
equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond their
13. By participating in this competition, participants are deemed to have accepted these terms
14. The winner and their nominated guest may be required to take part in publicity.
15. Whyte and Mackay Limited and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties
experienced in participating in this competition.
16. Whyte and Mackay Limited and their agents accept no responsibility for damages, losses or
injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
17. The competition and these terms are governed by Scottish Law and subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.