SCOTTISH CUP runners-up Ross County will face Third Division champions Livingston in the pick of next season's first-round ties in the Co-operative Insurance Cup.
Scotland manager Craig Levein helped to conduct yesterday's draw in the Ferranti Suite at Livingston's stadium and handed his hosts a trip to Dingwall to face County at the start of the new campaign. Derby fixtures in Lanarkshire and Fife also caught the eye, with Albion Rovers landing a home tie against Airdrie United and Raith Rovers being paired with East Fife. Inverness Caledonian Thistle were the only SPL club in the first round ballot and the First Division champions have a home tie against Queen's Park.
The first round will take place on 31 July and will again be designated a Family Fun Day by the Scottish Football League. The initiative was brought in last year and resulted in a 55 per cent increase in first round attendances.
Ross County, meanwhile, have been named as the SFL's Irn-Bru Team of the Season for 2009-10. They received the accolade on Thursday night at the annual Irn-Bru Phenomenal SFL awards dinner. The main prizes all went to the Highlands, with Inverness Caledonian Thistle boss Terry Butcher named as First Division Manager of the Season and his striker Adam Rooney earning the Player of the Season honour.
The full list of awards is:
• Team of the Season: Ross County
• Achievement of the Season: Derek Adams (Ross County) for reaching Scottish Cup final
• First Division Manager of the Season: Terry Butcher (Inverness CT)
• Second Division Manager of the Season: Allan Moore (Stirling Albion)
• Third Division Manager of the Season: Gary Bollan (Livingston)
• First Division Player of the Season: Adam Rooney (Inverness CT)
• Second Division Player of the Season: Rory McAllister (Brechin City)
• Third Division Player of the Season: Robbie Winters (Livingston)
• Young Player of the Season: Leigh Griffiths (Dundee)
• Goal of the Season: Jonathan Smart (East Fife) against Dumbarton on 12 December 2009.
• Phenomenal achievement of past three seasons: Derek Adams (Ross County)
• After drawing each other in the Challenge Cup first round, Clyde and Partick Thistle have agreed to call off the pre-season friendly they had scheduled for 17 July at Broadwood.
CO-OP CUP DRAW
• Dundee v Montrose
• Elgin City v Ayr United
• Dunfermline v Arbroath
• Annan Athletic v Partick Thistle
• Stirling Albion v Forfar
• Albion Rovers v Airdrie United
• Ross County v Livingston
• Stenhousemuir v Brechin City
• Raith Rovers v East Fife
• Clyde v Cowdenbeath
• Peterhead v Berwick Rangers
• Stranraer v Morton
• Queen of the South v Dumbarton
• East Stirling v Alloa
• Inverness CT v Queen's Park
• Ties to be played on 31 July