Hearts rejected several pre-season bids for the midfielder and the clubs did not come close to an agreement during transfer deadline-day talks last week.
Despite this, Caixinha says he’s content with the squad he has.
He said: “No I’m not disappointed - I’d only be disappointed if we didn’t have cover in all the positions,” the Portuguese said.
“Now I have - and I’ve told you from the very beginning and I can say it all day long - the best squad, I have the best players so I am happy.”
Asked if he hoped to resurrect the transfer in January, the Portuguese boss said: “The window finished on August 31 and doesn’t open again until January.
“So from now to then a lot of things can happen. But definitely we cannot change the group that we have, so we are happy with what we have.”