Crews were called to the club shortly before 7am and on arrival found a blaze in a lift motor room which they then put out.
In a statement, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 6.58am three crews from Salford and Stretford were called to reports of a building fire on Sir Matt Busby Way.
“On arrival, crews found a fire in a lift motor room.
“They isolated the electrics (and) then extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, one jet and one CO2 fire extinguisher.
“Crews are still on the scene.”