Falkirk find their form with a stirring comeback

It has not been the best of times at Brockville of late but sometimes from amid the gloom, joyous salvation can so unexpectedly arise. Slumped in a two-goal ditch at half-time, the Bairns recovered with a belated blitz which provided welcome relief from their fiscal toils.

Visiting goalkeeper Tony Bullock was engaged throughout a dominant opening spell from Alex Totten's men who, creditably, were unafraid to spread the ball in eye-catching fashion.

Short on funds, the Falkirk chief drafted in 18-year-old Lee Miller for his debut and the youngster did not disappoint, linking well between defence and attack, an assignment which produced one immaculate touch to send Steven Craig scampering upfield on another raid.

Soon, County boss Neale Cooper was bellowing at full tilt from the dug-out, his frustration wholly obvious at his side's inability to push the hosts backward.

Still Falkirk applied the pressure, John Henry an authoritative figure in what could be his swansong ahead of an expected move to Partick. But Totten's biggest predicament thus far has been the leaks which have splintered his defensive dam. The water broke once more from a Hugh Robertson corner which Bone headed powerfully downward and across the line.

To bastardise a clich, you wait half an hour for one goal and two come along at once. Inside sixty seconds, the visitors had doubled their take, Hogarth fumbling a long-range shot from Ian Maxwell, Bone following up to punish from ten yards out.

Game over, or so we imagined, until the hosts hit back midway through the second half with three goals in six minutes.

Substitute Kevin McAllister marked his arrival by finding Henry who launched a wonderful long-range blast which deceived Bullock.

The County keeper denied Miller with a super save on the next Falkirk attack but it brought only momentary relief, Steven Rennie scrambling home from the subsequent corner. Buoyed and rampant, Totten's charges went for the jugular. Ricky Waddell, fresh off the bench, despatched a corner which the unmarked Lawrie headed in at the back post.

Demoralised, County had lost their spark and it was hence no surprise when the same duo combined for Falkirk's fourth. Lawrie's cross allowed Waddell to head in and reclaim all three points after all had seemed so irretrievably lost.