A group of friends on a whisky tour in Scotland have told how they helped rescue a woman from a fire at a chalet near Tomintoul.
Firefighters were called to the rural property at 11.59pm on Friday.
Five men passing in a car alerted the emergency services after spotting smoke coming from a vent in the building.
They then smashed their way in after hearing a woman shouting for help. She was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and burns.
John Kinsey, 56, from North Tawton in Devon, said he and four of his friends were travelling around Moray on a whisky tour when they saw smoke at the single-storey wooden property.
He said: “We stopped the car and ran over. I rang the emergency services, while the other lads went to check the building.
“They heard a lady shouting for help. The door was locked so they used a big plant pot to break in. We got her outside and the whole thing just went up in flames.”