Police probing disappearance of Allan Bryant four years ago swoop on house

Allan Bryant was last seen in November, 2011.
Allan Bryant was last seen in November, 2011.
Share this article

Police have swooped on a house as part of their investigation into the disappearance of a young clubber who vanished almost four years ago.

Allan Bryant, 23, from Glenrothes, Fife, was last seen outside Styx nightclub in the town on 3 November 2013.

Despite an extensive air, ground and water search by police and a country-wide missing poster campaign, there has still been no trace of him.

His devastated father, who is also called Allan, 51, issued a reward for information, appealed to the First Minister and even called on a psychic to find his son.

Police Scotland said the search has been “one of Police Scotland’s largest missing person inquiries”, but there has been no trace of Allan as of yet.

Police Scotland have now confirmed they are carrying out searches of a house on Barnton Place in the town.

Speaking from the family home, Allan Snr said he was “in shock”.

He said: “The police just phoned and told me that they were entering a property.

“They couldn’t really tell me anything other than that they had a warrant and were executing it and would be searching all through the weekend.

“We’re in shock here. It just came completely out of the blue. I’m just happy to know that the police are still working on it and acting on any information that they get.

“We just want closure here, that’s all we want.”

Detective Inspector Stuart Wilson of Police Scotland’s Major Investigation Team said: “Officers executed a search warrant at an address in Barnton Place, Glenrothes, on Friday 16th June in connection with the ongoing investigation into missing man, Allan Bryant.

“We remain committed to getting answers for the Bryant family and any information we receive from the community will be assessed and further action taken wherever appropriate.

“Anyone who may have information about Allan’s movements after he left Styx nightclub in Caskieberran Road in the early hours of 3 November 2013 is urged to get in touch as soon as possible and can pass information to Police Scotland by calling 101 or emailing operationtoner@scotland.pnn.police.uk.”