Popular children’s toy My First Puppy by Animagic, has been recalled due to choking fears.
My First Puppy is sold in large retailers, such as Argos, Tesco and Amazon, but toy firm Vivid are now urging anyone who has bought a My First Puppy toy to return them as soon as possible.
The products – which only went only sale for the first time recently – have been found to present a risk of small parts detaching, and could cause young children to choke.
There are four different types of puppy toy, which came with eight accessories, including a lead and a brush, that children could carry inside a pet carrier.
This toy was originally on sale at other big retailers including Smyths and Very, but is now no longer available to buy.
The affected toys have the batch codes: 181008P3, 181102P3, and 181116P3.
How can I return this product?
Vivid has told customers that the toys can be returned to the shop they were bought from for a full refund.
You can also ring your retailer’s customer service helpline.
Argos has confirmed that it is supporting the recall, and you can ring the retailer for free on 0800 0113462 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Sunday.
A spokesman for Vivid said,”We have conducted an independent risk assessment, which concludes there is a low risk, however as a precaution we have taken the step to withdraw the products from sale and recall them from consumers.
“At this time, there has been no reported incidents with this product. No other Animagic or Vivid products are affected by this notice.”
For further information or advice on product recalls visit: tradingstandards.uk/consumers/product-recalls