It may be the former home of horses, but the Pend, Terregles, in Dumfries and Galloway is a splendidly grand property.
It makes up a quarter of a former stable block on the Terregles estate and the whole building is A listed, its classical proportions resplendent in red sandstone.
Terregles House was home to the Earls of Nithsdale and later the place where the King Haakon VII of Norway and his family spent the Second World War while in exile.
Both the main house and the stable, which dates from 1830, were designed by the architect Sir Robert Smirke.
Terregles House was eventually demolished in the 1960s, but the stable block gives a good idea of the opulence of the estate.
The property was converted in the 1990s into the four houses.
It has its own generous gardens and inside there are three receptions rooms plus a sunroom, three bedrooms and a breakfasting kitchen.
Terregles is an attractive village two miles west of Dumfries.
The Pend has lovely views over the surrounding countryside and towards Dumfries.
Transport connections are good, with the A75 giving access to Carlisle and the M74 in the east and Stranraer in the west; the train station in Dumfries has connections to Carlisle, Newcastle and Glasgow.
The Pend is on sale with Galbraith at a guide price of £350,000