Woman saved from flat blaze

A WOMAN was led to safety by emergency crews after a fire broke out in the stairwell of a block of flats in Leith early today.

Firefighters were called to the building on Sandport Street at 1.30am to tackle the small blaze.

The woman was taken out of the stair by paramedics and treated for smoke inhalation.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Yesterday, fire crews were called to rescue a man and his dog from a house fire.

They arrived at the property on Ferry Road at around 10:30am following reports of a food pan fire.