Woman hurt in flat blaze

A WOMAN was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a blaze broke out in a flat.

Firefighters were called to the building in Gordon Street in Leith at 4.11pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A fire service spokeswoman said: "The fire in the flat was extinguished. A female casualty was given oxygen and taken to hospital. The gas supply at the flat was also turned off.

"Fire investigation officers have not yet begun their investigation into the incident."