Victim suffers burns as shed catches fire

Share this article
Have your say

A MAN suffered burns to his hands and body after a blaze broke out in a shed.

Fire crews were alerted to the scene at Kirk Brae in Innerwick, near Dunbar, East Lothian, shortly after midday yesterday.

The blaze began in a shed containing gas cylinders and later spread to the kitchen and bedroom at the back of the semi-detached property, Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said.

A 48-year-old man was found to have suffered burns to his hands and chest and was taken by ambulance to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment.

Nobody else was hurt in the incident.

Crews remained at the scene as a precaution after the blaze was extinguished.