Two injured in kitchen blaze

TWO women have been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a flat in Craigmillar in the early hours of today.

The fire started in the Craigmillar Court block of flats on Craigmillar Castle Gardens at around 4.30am in a pan of food.

It had been extinguished before firefighters arrived. Two women, including a 32-years-old who had difficulty breathing, were taken to the Royal Infirmary suffering from smoke inhalation.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Meanwhile, on Saturday morning a man was rescued by firefighters after a fire broke out in an Edinburgh flat. The fire took place in the kitchen of a ground floor flat on Pleasance at around 10.30am.

The occupant received oxygen at the scene and was taken to the ERI to be checked over.