Four treated in hospital after gas leak at Highland hotel

FOUR people are being treated in hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at Carrbridge Hotel.

Four taken to hospital after gas leak at Carrbridge Hotel
Four taken to hospital after gas leak at Carrbridge Hotel

Two men and two women were taken by ambulance to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness after the incident at the Carrbridge Hotel in the village of Carrbridge.

A total of 90 guests were evacuated from rooms after emergency services were alerted to a suspected gas leak shortly after 5am on Friday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Read More

Read More
Barra named in top 10 scenic airport approaches in the world

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “It was a carbon monoxide leak.

“Crews rescued two people from one of the rooms and two further people were rescued prior to arrival.”

Police confirmed the casualties were two men and two women, who were suffering from the effects of exposure to suspected carbon monoxide.

Their condition is not thought to be life threatening and no other resident needed medical assistance.

A full investigation has been launched into the circumstances, involving the emergency services, Highland Council representatives and heating engineers.