BUYING presents for children of any age can be tricky, but there’s a great selection in stores this year. Claire Spreadbury rounds-up the ultimate must-buys for the little ones in your life
If you’re not sure what to buy a little lady for Christmas, opt for shoes (same applies when shopping for mums, too).
• Little Spot Kids Hightops, £20 (available in sizes 7-2), Cath Kidston (www.cathkidston.com)
The most stylish baby boy will not be dressed as Santa, or one of his many elves this Christmas. He’ll be rocking this raccoon suit.
• The Bonnie Mob Grey Raccoon Knitted Footless Babygrow, from £49 (available in sizes 0-18 months), Alex and Alexa (www.alexandalexa.com)
SKIRT THE ISSUE
Got a girly-girl to buy for? Snap up the biggest, most beautiful tutu skirt in all the land and watch her squeal with delight as she spins around the room.
• Twinkle Anthracite Tutu, from £36 (available in sizes 0-teen), Angel’s Face (www.angels-face.co.uk)
HOME SWEET HOME
A beautiful wooden doll’s house is guaranteed to get the reaction you’re after on Christmas Day - and this one will leave you with cash to splash elsewhere.
• George Home Wooden Dolls House, £35, Asda (direct.asda.com)
Wrapping up a bike on Christmas Eve is something every parent should go through at least once in their life. Islabikes are all about good design, so you’ll be investing in wheels that last and are easy to ride - a much better option than a faddy cartoon-covered design.
• Cnoc 16, £249.99 (suitable for age 4+, but a bike for every age is available), Islabikes (www.islabikes.co.uk)
READY, STEADY, BAKE!
Get them ready for The Great British Bake Off nice and early with this gorgeous wooden kitchen, which is a perfect size for any home.
• Le Toy Van Honeybake Oven, £70, Natural Baby Shower (www.naturalbabyshower.co.uk)
For the cool kid in the house, this camera is everything a mobile phone is not. Retro, funky, arty and instant - printing credit card-sized photos to display where you please.
• Lomography Lomo’Instant - San Remo Camera, £99.95, Prezzybox (www.prezzybox.com)
GOT THE X FACTOR?
Forget board games, the ultimate family party game is karaoke. Simply plug this kit into your computer or iPad for instant access to thousands of songs.
• Lucky Voice Karaoke Machine, £50 (shop.luckyvoice.com)
DO THE ROBOT
For brains that like to build, this incredible kit makes four different solar-powered robots - a robot, beetle, drill vehicle and T-Rex. No batteries required and suitable from 8 years.
• T4 Transforming Solar 4 in 1 Robotic Kit, £14.99, Maplin (www.maplin.co.uk)
Build your very own two-foot tall working, moving, talking robot, using over 600 pieces and six motors. You can teach the Meccanoid G15 to dance, play games and even tell jokes! Suitable for ages 10+
• Meccano Meccanoid G15 Robot Kit, £170, Science Museum (www.sciencemuseumshop.co.uk)
Perfect for taking on holiday and tidying away afterwards, this suitcase contains a very cute rabbit and a mouse with a wardrobe of outfits to dress them in - a sure-fire hit.
• Moulin Roty Children’s Little Wardrobe Suitcase, £54.95, Cuckooland (www.cuckooland.com)
JOIN THE JEDI
This limited edition PS4 has to be the ultimate Playstation ever created - and a must for Star Wars and gaming fans.
• Star Wars BattleFront - Limited Edition PS4, £384.99, Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk). Bundle available from November 17.
Every tot needs a ride-on and they don’t come much cuter than this fire truck, complete with firefighter hose, ladders and a bell.
• Ride On Fire Truck £110, Molly & The Wolf (www.mollyandthewolf.com)
LET’S GO RETRO
Roller skating discos are much more fun when you know how to skate - just don’t forget the knee pads!
• Rookie Quad Skates - Retro V2 Red/White, from £49.95 (available in sizes 2-8), Skate Hut (www.skatehut.co.uk)
ROLL WITH IT
Taking scooting to a whole new level, this Ski Scooter glides across any terrain, can make sharp turns and reduces pressure on the knees. But most of all - it’s brilliant fun! Suitable for 5+ years.
• Ski Scooter Z5, £89.99 (Z7 also available for age 7+), Smyths (www.smythstoys.com)