The museum, located at the old railway station at Maud Junction, will open from 10.30am to 4pm on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 April.
This year some previously overgrown areas of the site have been cleared to reveal several of the former facilities such as the locomotive water tower.
New signs have been prepared to form a short heritage trail to interest visitors.
As well as displaying a large number of items, ephemera, and photographs relating to the former Buchan Railway lines which connected Aberdeen and Dyce with Ellon, Fraserburgh and Peterhead the museum is also home to the fully restored railway carriage which was used to carry convicts from Peterhead prison to the quarries at Stirlinghill, near Boddam.
Inside the convict carriage is a display relating to the prison, its inmates including the famous jail-breaker Johnny Ramenski, and the railway.
There is also a display of photographs telling the story of the Fraserburgh to St Combs Railway which operated from 1903 to 1965.
Entry to the musuem is free but a donation or a purchase from the sales counter would be appreciated.
Parking is available next to the museum which also welcomes many of its visitors as walkers or cyclists using the Formartine and Buchan Way.
The museum always welcomes donations of photographs and local railway relics and is seeking to recruit new members and volunteers to assist with looking after the museum and its visitors.
The museum is able to arrange special opening for groups at mutually convenient times-contact [email protected]