The Scottish State Coach will be displayed on the forecourt at the Palace of Holyroodhouse to mark the Queen’s 90th birthday year.
Originally built for the Duke of Cambridge in 1830 and used for the coronation of his brother William IV the following year, the coach is now used by members of the Royal Family on ceremonial occasions.
It was used to take the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh back to Buckingham Palace after the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.
Originally known as the Cambridge Coach, the Scottish State Coach was remodelled in the late 1960s on the Queen’s instruction to create a coach specifically for Scotland.
The emblems of the Order of the Thistle, the highest order of chivalry in Scotland, and the Scottish version of the Royal Arms were painted on the sides, and a model of the Crown of Scotland was added to the roof.
The coach is normally housed at the Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace, and is usually drawn by four horses.
It will go on display from July 30 until August 28.