Jet2 sued by family of tragic Scots tourist who died of Legionnaire's disease

The family of a Scots tourist who contracted deadly Legionnaires' disease while staying at a hotel in Bulgaria and died back home in Scotland are suing package holiday firm Jet 2.

John Cowan died in June. Picture: PA

John Cowan, 43, died on June 19, a week after returning home, as a result of Legionella bacteria he contracted while on holiday with a pal.His heartbroken family made the decision to switch off his life support machine at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital in Clydebank, West Dumbartonshire, after John suffered catastrophic brain damage.John, who was a hotelier, had been holidaying Bulgaria from June 4 to 11, staying in Hotel Kalofer in Sunny Beach resort - where four others are believed to have contracted the same virus.

Read More

Read More
Young Scottish cancer patient died just 15 minutes before his beloved dog

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

John Cowan was staying at the Hotel Kalofer in Bulgaria's Sunny Beach resort. Picture: Google Street View