Topless brawl during school run, two women held

Garda officers arrested the two women after the topless brawl. Picture: Reuters
Garda officers arrested the two women after the topless brawl. Picture: Reuters
Share this article
Have your say

TWO women have been arrested after brawling topless in front of schoolchildren, according to reports.

• Two women who fought topless in front of schoolchildren have been arrested

• Women, both in their thirties, shed articles of clothing as “vicious” fight continued

The “vicious”, prolonged altercation took place around 9.15am last Friday in the County Limerick village of Doon, when parents were taking children to school.

Eyewitnesses to the incident on Monastery Road said there was “blood on the ground”, and that the two women shed articles of clothing as the fight continued.

One eyewitness told the Limerick Leader: “It was surreal, completely unbelievable. They just went at each other.

“Biting, scratching, pulling hair, kicking, everything, you name it.”

The eyewitness continued: “It was in the middle of the street. They were down on the ground on top off each other beating the heads off each other. The next thing the tops were pulled off each other and then a bra went flying through the air.

“You would think that this would have stopped them – but not a bit of it, they kept at it.

“It wasn’t a few slaps either, this was vicious stuff. There was blood on the ground.

“Remember now, this was at 9.15 in the morning at a time when mums and dads are bringing their little ones to school and child minders.

“It is hard to get your head around it. The incident lasted for a good few minutes too,” they said.

The women, understood to have once been best friends, are thought to have fought because of a previous dispute involving two males.

The women, both in their thirties, were arrested by police on Monday, but later released without charge.

It was also reported that two men were involved in a fight subsequent to the initial altercation. One man was arrested but later released without charge, while the other was taken to hospital. He was later discharged.

The eyewitness added: ““Everyone is talking about it. People are genuinely shocked and in horror over the whole thing. It is just incredible.”