Man accused of murdering escort Jessica McGraa to appear in court

A man accused of murdering an escort is to make his first public court appearance later this month.

Jessica McGraa. Picture: Facebook

Jessica McGraa’s body was discovered in a serviced apartment in Aberdeen back in February.

The mother-of-one was believed to have rented out the flat in the city centre on a short term basis to sell sex.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The 37-year-old, who is originally from Nigeria, moved to the UK after meeting her oil worker husband Gareth in her home country but they later separated.

She then started leading a double life, advertising herself online as “the ultimate girlfriend experience” and touring the country as a high-class sex worker up until her sudden death.

Following a major police investigation, 25-year-old Bala Chinda was arrested and charged in connection with Ms McGraa’s death.

He later appeared at Aberdeen Sheriff Court, where he made no plea and was remanded in custody.

He is now set to appear at a preliminary hearing at the High Court in Glasgow on June 13, where it is anticipated he will have to enter a plea to the murder charge he faces.

Prosecutors have also charged him in connection with an alleged theft.

If he enters a not guilty plea then a trial date will be set.

Ms McGraa was touring the country selling sex and charging up to £1,800 a night for her services at the time of her death.

She had rented out a plush apartment in the heart of Aberdeen city centre for several days, with the aim of meeting clients willing to part with large amounts of money to spend time in her company.

Ms McGraa’s double life was kept a secret from her husband and friends who believed she was making money by selling Brazilian hair extensions.

She had separated from her husband Gareth several years ago but remained close and kept in contact with him.

She met the oil worker when he was based in Nigeria but she later moved to the UK to live with him.

Her death certificate revealed that she died from asphyxiation.

Her time of death was noted as 1:14pm on February 12 - the day her body was found in the apartment.