Emergency services were called to the scene after the blaze broke out in the property in Canmore Grove, Dunfermline, at around 6pm yesterday.
None of the family were seriously hurt in the incident but the fire has damaged their home and destroyed everything they own.
A fundraising page has now been launched to support them after all their belongings - including children’s Christmas presents - were taken in the blaze.
Locals have come together to help the family and a GoFundMe page has, so far, collected over £7000, after its creation just seven hours ago.
In a statement on the page, Carly Kadunic, who set up the online appeal, said: "We are fundraising for a local Dunfermline family whose home was destroyed in a fire last night.“The family are all safe but their home and personal belongings are gone. We are hoping to raise some money for the family to get them some basic items such as clothes etc and replace some of the Xmas presents the kids have lost last night also.”
She added: “Such a devastating and traumatic night for the family and all involved. Please if you can help in anyway it would be very much appreciated to help this family get back on their feet.”
A spokesman for Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were alerted at 6.02pm on Wednesday, December 30 to reports of a house on fire at Canmore Grove, Dunfermline, Fife.
“Operations Control mobilised four appliances and one aerial rescue pump to the scene, where the ground floor of a property was alight. A man with suspected smoke inhalation was handed into the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service. Crews extinguished the fire and left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”
A Police Scotland spokesman added: “We received a report of a fire at a premises in Canmore Grove, Dunfermline, around 6.15pm on Wednesday, 30 December, 2020.
“No further police action was necessary.”