Firefighters save woman

A WOMAN was led to safety by firefighters after a fire broke out in a city centre flat.

The woman, who was in her fifties, received treatment at the scene, but did not go to hospital after the blaze took hold in the second-floor flat in Morrison Street shortly before 11pm last night.

Meanwhile, a man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a property in Macbeth Moir Road, Musselburgh, shortly after 10pm.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The fire service said the blaze started after a toolbox was left on a cooker.