Scottish Cup Final probe continues as police release more photos

Police investigating the trouble which broke out at the end of the Scottish Cup final have released 12 more images of people they want to trace.

Police are still looking for fans involved in violent clashes after the Cup Final. Picture: Neil Hanna

Forty arrests have been made so far across Scotland since the game between Hibernian and Rangers on 21 May.

Hibs supporters flooded the Hampden Park pitch after the Edinburgh side’s dramatic 3-2 win, while Rangers fans also made it past stewards and on to the turf before mounted officers restored order.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Police Scotland said they are continuing to investigate acts of violence, disorder and vandalism that took place during the pitch incursion following the final whistle.

Undated file images released by Police Scotland of persons they are keen to trace. Picture: Police Scotland/PA Wire

Officers said they are keen to trace the people in the images, whom they believe may 
be able to help with their inquiries.

Last weekend, Police Scotland released 13 images of fans on the pitch as they continued their investigation.

The Crimestoppers charity can also be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.

After the game the Scottish Football Association said it was “appalled” by scenes of disorder.

Undated file images released by Police Scotland of persons they are keen to trace. Picture: Police Scotland/PA Wire

Police Scotland described the behaviour of some fans as “totally unacceptable and inexcusable”.

Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan said: “Scottish FA is appalled by the scenes of disorder on the field immediately after full time and at the contemptible behaviour that ensued.

“What should have been an historic, memorable Scottish Cup final will now, sadly, be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

In a post-match interview with BBC Scotland, Hibs chairman Mr Petrie said: “It is deeply disappointing that this happened. It shouldn’t have happened.

“The images should have been about the club celebrating the win as opposed to any other aspect of it.

“The fact that it has happened, then you have to look at what the response was to it and the response seemed to be entirely professional, to contain the incursions on to the pitch and eventually to put people back into their seats.”

Ch Supt Kenny MacDonald of Police Scotland said: “Officers, including the force’s mounted branch, responded and brought the matter under control as quickly as possible.”

Anyone with information about the people in these 
pictures is asked to contact
the incident room at Govan police office on 0141 532 5457 or on [email protected]