Candle sets table alight

A CANDLE set fire to table decorations during Christmas dinner at a home in Liberton, leaving two men needing treatment for smoke inhalation.

The blaze broke out at a home in Headrigg Row at 2.19pm on Christmas Day after the candle toppled over at the dinner table.

Two men, aged 21 and 42, received oxygen but did not need to go to hospital.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Meanwhile, a man was rescued by firefighters today after a blaze broke out in a second-floor flat in Leith.

Firefighters were called to Middlefield, just off Leith Walk, at 6.23am and brought the man down from the property. He was given oxygen but did not require hospital treatment.