A THREE-year-old boy has been taken to hospital in Edinburgh after his fingers became trapped in an escalator in the Primark store on the city’s Princes Street.
Fire crews were called out just after 7.15pm yesterday, and used cutting equipment to release the boy from the second-floor escalator
He was then taken by ambulance to the city’s Sick Kids Hospital just after 8pm.
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed the child was being taken to the Sick Kids Hospital but declined to comment further.
When asked about the incident, a store deputy manager said it was “company policy not to comment”.