Woman hospitalised after Leith fire

Have your say

A woman was taken to hospital yesterday after fire crews were called to a blaze in the north of the city.

Crews responded after a fire alarm sounded at a flat in Gordon Court, Gordon Street, in Leith shortly before 3pm on Sunday afternoon.

A 69-year-old woman suffering from smoke inhalation was removed from the property.

The fire, which started in a grill pan, was extinguished through isolation.

The woman was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for a check up.