New technology jobs of the future will include robotic rights advocate and cellular agriculturist, a new report predicts.
Technology firm Huawei said its research also suggested that Edinburgh, Norwich and Nottingham will be among the leading UK cities for “hotspots” of innovation.
More than 1.1 million jobs will be created across Europe by 2025, said the report, including new roles as:
- personal identity curator - said to ensure online personas are coherent and aligned
- robotic rights advocate - ensures fair treatment of robots, both domestic and industrial
- empathic technology designer - allows people to share experience to build emotional and empathic understanding of others
- cellular agriculturist - the production of agricultural products from cell cultures, such as meat made without using animals
- diversity officer - ensures organisational diversity.
Justin Costello, of Huawei UK & Ireland, said: “We are excited by the opportunities we believe our advances in artificial intelligence and photography are opening up to today’s creative communities in the UK and around Europe.”