Who would attend your fantasy dinner party and what would you eat? My deceased grandparents. I never really knew them and now I’m older I’d love to find out more about their lives. I think we’d all enjoy mince and tatties.
• Whom did you last text, what was the message? I’m allergic to texting.
• It’s not cool but... I ride a Honda C90 scooter.
• What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given? When walking on stage, leave your ego on a peg in the dressing room.
• What’s the worst job you ever had? I was a milkman when I was 18.
• Who is your favourite fictional character? Granpaw Broon.
• What are you afraid of? Heights.
• Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it and why? Thank goodness I never had a nickname … not that I’m aware of, anyway.
• What situations make you lose your temper? Where there is any kind of corruption.
• If you could choose a profession that you would like to try, what would that be? Why? I’d be an archaeologist, because I’m fascinated by the past and layers of time.
• What food or drink is always in your fridge? Eggs, because that’s what I’m best at cooking.
• If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? I’d have 20/20 vision for ever.
• If you could travel back in time, where would you go? Back to approximately 84AD when the Romans were trying to conquer Scotland.
• Saturday night or Sunday morning? Saturday night, Sunday morning, Sunday night, Monday morning etc. They’re all brilliant.
• Who or what is the love of your life? My family.
Dougie MacLean has teamed up with rising Dundee band Anderson McGinty Webster Ward and Fisher on a new collaborative version of his classic song Caledonia. The band recorded the song for the new Caledonia Best TV advert. Watch it at www.youtube.com/CaledoniaBest