Brand Jr targets Scottish Seniors
• DUAL Ryder Cup winner Gordon Brand Jr will be among the field competing for the 225,000 prize fund at the 16th Scottish Seniors Open at the Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club from 26-28 September.
Brand Jr will become eligible to compete on home soil on the European Seniors Tour for the first time when he turns 50 on 19 August.
Last year, former Ryder Cup player Jos Rivero of Spain held off the challenge of Scotland's Ross Drummond to claim victory and a winner's cheque for 33,750.
Oldcorn secures Northern berth
• ANDREW Oldcorn booked his place in next month's Northern Open after topping the qualifying standings at Kilmarnock Barassie yesterday. The former PGA champion, who won the Callaway 36-holer at Monifieth this month, eased to a three shot victory with a five-under 67.
Oldcorn, the Tartan Tour No 1 back in 1991, countered two bogeys with a haul of five birdies and an eagle as he led 71 players into next month's event at Spey Valley in Aviemore.
Hume aiming to resurrect career
• BARRY Hume will be looking to kick-start his career in the PGA EuroPro Tour's qualifying school final, which gets under way today at Frilford Heath in Oxford. The 26-year-old former Scottish Amateur champion from Glasgow has spent the past couple of seasons competing in the Far East but has returned to home soil after losing his Asian Tour card at the end of 2007.
Top boy tees off at Copt Heath
• THE new Scottish Boys' champion, Troon Welbeck teenager Michael Stewart, is back in action today in the McEvoy Trophy at Copt Heath in Warwickshire. Aberdeen's David Law and Sam McLaren of Perth also line-up.
Edward added to order of merit
• THE Edward Trophy, one of Glasgow Golf Club's prestigious open tournaments, has been added to the SGU's order of merit schedule. The championship, held over the club's Gailes links in Ayrshire, has been increased from a 36 to a 72-hole contest and will take place from 26-27 April.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east