Transfer speculation heats up at Parkhead, Rangers new signings may face wait for debut and Hearts look to season ticket holders to pay tax bill.
Celtic consider moves for Richard Dunne and Johnny Russell
Neil Lennon is considering a move for Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne with Lennon commending the 33 year-old on his experience.
The Parkhead club could also pip Derby to Dundee United’s Johnny Russell after it emerged the Celtic manager retains an interest in the player.
Derby have had an £800,000 offer for the player accepted however Russell is still considering his options. (Sun)
• Amido Balde and Kevin Doyle are Celtic’s top signing targets as Neil Lennon braces himself for the loss of Gary Hooper (Mail)
• Werder Bremen have joined Celtic and Aston Villa in the race for Lech Poznan striker Aleksander Tonev
• Celtic will play Liverpool in a friendly at Dublin’s Aviva Stadium on August 10
• Victor Wanyama says his future is out of his hands as a host of clubs - including Arsenal, Inter, Stoke and Newcastle - compete in a bidding war for his signature
Rangers new signings may face debut wait
The Ibrox club’s new signings may have their competitive debuts delayed until September 1 as the potential rule book for the proposed new league set up would prevent the use of trialists in any league or league cup matches. (STV)
Hearts look to season ticket sales
The Tynecastle club say they are looking to supporters to help them emerge from their latest debt crisis and have urged fans to buy season tickets so that a £100,000 tax bill can be paid.
The club face the prospect of a winding-up order if they fail to pay HMRC. (Scotsman)
• The SPL could block Danny Wilson’s switch to Hearts as the transfer has not been officially sanctioned by the league. The SPL can block transfers if they believe the club has acted improperly. Hearts could face a winding-up order unless a £100,000 tax bill in paid. (Record)
Anthony Stokes rejects new contract deal
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has revealed that striker Anthony Stokes has rejected a new contract offered to him at the end of the season. The former Hibs frontman suffered a frustrating season through injury but bounced back later in the season - winning the man of the match award for Celtic’s victory over Hibs. (Scotsman)
Dundee United consider move for Stephen McManus
Dundee United manager Jackie McNamara is considering a move for former Celtic team-mate Stephen McManus, 30, to help shore up his defence.
McManus is a free agent after leaving Middlesbrough
Chris Humphrey signs for Preston
Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey has agreed too join English League One side Preston North End on a three-year deal.
The Fir Park side had offered the Jamaican international a new contract following four successful seasons at the club. (Scotsman)
• Barnsley have submitted a bid for Motherwell’s Michael Higdon who was top scorer in the SPL last year
Ojamaa faces drop from Estonia national side
Motherwell striker Henrik Ojammaa faces being kicked out of the national side after missing 3 friendly matches and then being spotted watching a Lech Poznan match.
He had informed the Estonian coach that he was unable to play due to ‘school duties’.
The Polish side have had 2 bids for the player knocked back in recent weeks. (Sun)
• Dundee are on the verge of signing Morton striker Peter MacDonald
• Partick Thistle have signed Stuart Brannigan on a 2 year deal